Library Management System
The Library management system is a software used to manage the catalogue of a library. This helps to keep records of books available in the library.
The Library Management system is very easy to use and fulfils all the requirement of a librarian. There are many features which helps librarian to keep records of available books as well as issue books.
Here is a list of some key features of the Library Management System:
- Keep record of different categories publications; Books, Journals, Newspapers, Magazines, etc.
- Classify the books subject wise.
- Easy way to enter new books.
- Keep record of complete information of a book like; Book name, Author name, Publisher’s name, Date/ Year of publication.
- Easy way to make a check-out.
- Easy way to make a check-in.
- Automatic fine calculation for late returns.
- Different criteria for searching a book.
- Different kind of reports like; total number of books, number of issued books,
- Easy way to know how many books are issued to a particular member.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION AND LOGIN
The system is developed with the following abilities:
- to register users, delete and modify their details
- to change and modify user passwords
- to provide an audit trail report
- to assign access rights to registered users
A password policy for better security of the system; Users are prompted a maximum of three attempts for entry into the system failure of which they are been denied access.
This module keeps detail records of suppliers and detail reports of supplier that you do business with.Suppliers are categorize into the following purchases and donations.
This module keeps record of memberships and reports on member’s details. This helps you to know your membership based i.e. the number of members registered with the library. Members are group by membership type (adult, children, etc.).
This module is the registration module for books; it registers books from the various supplier categories. The registration captures the author of the book, publication, ISBN, title, Acc/LD, publisher, quantity etc.
The module has an enquiries feature, which enables user to search for books by author, Title etc.
This feature enables members to request for books from the librarian, books requested and not available could be issued later if available.
It also has the feature of returning books, which will update the books available. A fee would be charged and posted to the members account in case the book is overdue.
This module manages the finances; it accepts payment from membership registration fees, membership renewal and overdue books.
This module has the ability to allow users to be able to query the database for specific books, based on their classifications. It should be noted that the search is limited as per the access rights of the user.
Account could also be queried as to know the outstanding balance of an individual member.
This module produces various reports among which include reports on:
- List of Members
- Members by Gender
- Members by membership type
- Publication Type
- List of Authors
- List of Publisher
- List of Categories
- Class List
- Stock Reports
- Members Account
- Most Borrowed Book
- Issues and Returns
- Books by Gender