Nifty Payroll (NPay)
NPay has very robust and dependable features that are important for a payroll system.
The features of the system are specified below for your perusal.
The system has the following main menu items:
This part sets up system parameters and user accounts and their corresponding rights.
It sets up the following parameters:
- User Management
- Bank setup
- Allowances / Deductions Category
- Salary Category
- Tax Table
- SSHFC Contribution
- Loan Type
- Reverse Salary
- Recalculation of loan duration and monthly deduction
The Staff Details module registers members of staff in the system. The details recorded are:
- Staff number
- First name
- Middle name
- Fixed Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Fax Number
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Appointment date
- Bank Name
- Branch Name
- Account Number
- ID Number
- Basic Salary
- Taxable Pay
- Staff status (Active or Inactive)
- Social Security Number
There are two sub components to this:
Loan Registration registers the loan being applied for and captures the following details:
- Loan Number
- Loan Type
- Application Date
- Staff Number
- Staff Name
- Basic Salary
- Loan Duration
- Deductions start and end dates
- Whether Interest will be applied or not
- Interest Rate
- Total Amount
- Maturity Date
- Guarantor’s Name
- Purpose of Loan
- Monthly deduction
- Loan Disbursement
- Mass issuance of 1X6 loan (can issue 1 x 6 to every member of staff at once).
- Staff can pay off loans or part of the loan even before the maturity date.
- Loan deductions can be skipped, e.g. during Tobaski or Christmas loan deductions can be skipped for that month.
This part of the system is used to approve and disburse loans or reject a loan application.
Capture number of days worked by daily paid staff
This module does the following:
Allocate Allowances and Deductions
The allocation of Allowances and Deductions component of the system allocates allowances and deductions to staff, i.e. if a member of staff is to benefit from a new allowance it is from here that it would be setup; similarly if a deduction is to be included in his pay regime, it is this part that is used to do that.
Update Allowances and Deductions
Occasionally, there may be the need to update an allowance or deduction; this part of the system is used for that.
Loan Deduction Suspension
This part of the system is used when running salaries; loan deduction can be skipped for a particular month as and deemed fit by management. Typical examples of this could be when management decided not to deduct loans during a particular feast.
This module is used to process and pay salaries
This part is used to reverse the processing of salaries, in case a mistake was made while processing salaries
Annual Salary Increment
This carries out the annual increments that staffs benefit from
The system produces the following report:
- Staff details
- by department and unit
- by designation
- Temporary Staff
- Monthly summation of allowances and deductions
- Monthly Income Tax
- Monthly Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation contributions
- Individual Income Tax account
- Individual Social Security Account
- Individual annual Increment History
- Summation to Bank
- Pay List for Temporal staff
- 1 x 6 pay slip
- Payroll Summary for Permanent Staff
- Payroll Summary for Temporal Staff